Dr. Steve Yacovelli, the Gay Leadership Dude ™ joins me to discuss the all-important topic of diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
A Ph.D. in Instructional Technology and Distance Education, Dr. Yacovelli has a proven track record, including companies like Disney and IBM, and a stint as a professor at the University of Florida. In 2008, he embarked full-time on his current venture, Top Dog Learning Group. Top Dog focuses on helping companies to cultivate consciously inclusive leaders.
Diversity and inclusion have become prevalent initiatives for many companies. Whether it is for punitive or monetary reasons or from a heartfelt desire to make the world a better place, organizations have started to recognize the need for prioritizing the intentional cultivation of a safe, inclusive culture that creates space for open conversation and growth. Diversity is, simply put, the many similarities and differences between people. Inclusion is what bridges the gap and creates a culture of collaboration, respect, and connectedness for everyone. As leaders, it is not enough to make a statement. We must speak out and follow it through by acting out as well.
Connect with Dr. Yacovelli:
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/steveyacovelli/
- Website: biz
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/syacovelli
- Always #LikeAGirl Commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjJQBjWYDTs
- O.W Factor: How Defining Words Can Define Your Life by Chris Gingrasso
- Pride Leadership: Strategies for the LGBTQ+ Leader to be the King or Queen of Their Jungle by Dr. Steven Yacovelli
- Magical Vacation Planner 407-442-0257
Connect with Dan:
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/dancockerell/
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/dancockerell/
Facebook – www.facebook.com/dancockerellspeaker
Leave A Comment